While discovering the history of Strasbourg, we suggest you to meet local enthusiasts who will make you taste their best sweet specialties.
These sweets are an integral part of the Alsatian cuisine and believe us, the Alsatians are attached to their desserts! Eat like the locals and experiment with “Sweet Strasbourg”!
The highlights of this visit is to taste the sweet version of the Flammenkuche flambéed before your eyes, as well as the French pastry!
During this 4 hours tour of all things sweet, we have selected for you 8 typical tastings that will take place in 7 local shops.
Throughout this visit, your guide will be happy to share his knowledge about the history and culture of his city while letting you discover the best sights of the old city.
- The traditional “Tarte flambée” (litteraly “Flame Pie”) has also its sweet cousin! More than a tradition, it is a ritual for every Alsatian! A delicious Kir Crémant d’Alsace (sparkling local wine) will compliment your tasting.
- The expertise of Alsace bakers is famous beyond our borders! Try oute the best specialties: Kougelhopf (Alsatian cake) & Bredele (traditional Christmas biscuits)
- Let yourself be surprised by the local flavours of Christian’s chocolates. In summer, refresh your taste buds with a homemade ice-cream from Chez Christian. You will discover local flavours & sometimes some more surprising flavours, such as geranium, which is reminiscent of the flowered balconies of Alsace.
- How can you not succumb to a beautiful pastry?
- Discover the secrets of Alsatian Gingerbread in a pretty little shop in the heart of Strasbourg, the famous Gingerbred Queen Mireille Oster! Hang on, we’ll take your taste-buds on a sensational journey!