Discover Strasbourg through iconic specialties refined to satisfy gourmets’ palates. You will visit Strasbourg’s renowned shops and discover the best local products paired with Alsatian fine wines.
Selecting the tour “Strasbourg Gourmet” is also a good idea for people who want to experiment the Alsatian way of life, follow your guide and take a seat in a local “Winstub” (eatery) to taste a traditional meal: the Baeckeoffe.
During the 4.5 hour tour devoted to the finest dishes of the Alsatian gastronomic culture, you will take part in 8 tastings in selected places.
Throughout this visit, your guide will be happy to share their knowledge about the history and culture of his city while letting you discover the best sights of the old city.
- Go to the Westermann Bakery, starred chef family, whose reputation is second to none! Try a staple of Alsatian gastronomy: some of the best Kougelhopf in the region. Then your guide will select some of the finest breads to accompany the next tasting.
- A selection of Alsatian charcuterie & foie gras will be presented by our local butcher
- Then, you will visit a typical French fromagerie to find exceptional cheeses including a PDO Munster made in the purest tradition.
- Meet our sommelier around Krutenau neightborood, off the beaten track. He will be happy to let you discover Alsatian wines with the products collected along our tour.
- Then, in an authentic “Winstub” you will have the opportunity to acquaint yourself with the Alsatian “Baeckeoffe”, less well-known than sauerkraut but famous among connaisseurs
- The tour will conclude in the tea house of the prestigious Christian lounge where you can choose from a selection of French pastries accompanied by coffee and chocolates made by renowned pastry maker and chocolatier Christopher Meyer.