The Historic Island of Strasbourg, listed as World Heritage by UNESCO, is home to many local merchants who honour the Alsatian terroir.
It is no coincidence that the locals always shop in the small local shops of the old town. At the heart of this neighborhood you will find the authentic atmosphere of Alsatian culture.
During our 4 hour tour immerse yourself in this unique place and live “Strasbourg Gourmand” by meeting its people.
For this visit, we have selected for you 10 typical tastings that will take place in 7 local shops where the owners will warmly open their doors to allow you to discover their products.
Throughout this visit, your guide will be happy to share his knowledge about the history and culture of his city while letting you discover the best sights of the old city.
- Dare to taste the Flammekueche (litteraly “flame pie”) in the typical way – with your hands! It will be served alongside one of the classics of the Alsatian vineyard: a glass of Riesling
- Try to tame the charismatic local farmhouse cheese, Munster, produced in our green valleys
- You can’t visit Alsace without biting into an Alsatian Pretzel straight from the baker’s oven
- Take the time to sit down around a generous and tasty sauerkraut which is eaten traditionally accompanied by a glass of beer brewed near Strasbourg
- Try to guess the subtle blends of spices that make up the famous Alsatian gingerbread
- Chocolates mades with regional flavors by a famous chocolatier will round off your gourmand trip through Strasbourg